Supporting Calgary services and charities by giving back
A Maid For A Day is an active supporter of many local charities. One of our major events is our “Spring Clean Out the Pantry Food Drive” for the Calgary food bank. Clients donate food items that are picked up by our staff on cleaning day. This drive runs from mid-May through mid-June annually. The result is thousands of pounds of food at a needy time of year as the Christmas volume is depleted.
We are proud sponsors and supporters of the following organizations and charities
- The Calgary Food Bank
- Extreme Christian Home Makeover
- Missing Children Society
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- United Way
- The Calgary Women’s Shelter
- Crohns and Colitis Foundation
- Youth Mexico Mission (SunWest Youth Ministries) - Owner travels to Mexico each year to build homes for Mexican families without safe, reliable shelter.
- Numerous charity golf tournaments supporting a variety of causes